Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cheeky TV ad from First Bank

I like this TV ad from First Bank. It's cheeky, funny and memorable.

It also pokes fun at self annointed experts and motivational speakers. Those are easy targets that very few people will get upset about. I'm called a marketing expert because of my bestselling book and satisfied clients. And I've been described as a motivational speaker so many times that I finally just accepted the label. Yet I wasn't offended by this ad because I recognize the truth in it. The lesson for marketers: It's effective to take a position and be cheeky. And stating the obvious can be a refreshing marketing approach.

Notice that this ad didn't say anything about the features and benefits of working with First Bank. It simply implied that they have a sence of humor, are down to earth and easy to deal with. Hmm, pretty distinctive for a bank. Two thumbs up for this advertisement and the First Bank.




Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Bank Lending Criteria said...

Most of us know about the scam and scheme when it comes to money matter in the U.S. And so organizations have created documents, posts, videos and ads to tell the world that there is no quick-rich scheme. Just hoping these people would watch it.