Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Benefits Sell: Appeal to Emotions

You’ll look cool

Those are selling words.

Are you using the best selling words in your marketing messages? Review your marketing messages with the perspective of an uninterested prospect.

What is the first response that prospects might have to your message? Is it “So what?”

That will happen when you describe features.

We are open 9:00am to 7:00pm
We have 24 flavours
Backed by 25 years of service

Yeah, so what?

When I was signing the contract for my new car – the sales rep asked me if I wanted tinted windows.

I hadn’t given it any thought and I didn’t want to spend any more money.

But, when she said the magic words, “Tinted windows will make you look cool, I decided in an instant. I happily ordered the tinted windows.


George Torok

Canadian Business Speaker

Share/Save/Bookmark



No comments: