Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Networking is good for business and ...

Can networking save your life – or that of someone close to you? Oh Yes!

My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
His doctor missed the early signs of cancer and then was slow in reacting. Fortunately my father asked me for help and did some of his own checking.

I mentioned my concern about the prostate cancer to a long time colleague. She made some calls and a few days later gave me the name of a surgeon that was known as one of the best.

At the same time my father asked around his fitness club and learned of a retired physician who had survived prostate cancer. The retired physician gave him the name of the surgeon who operated on him – and added that he considered this surgeon to be the best.

The same name came up twice from two separate networking relationships.

The bottom line – my father was able to arrange for a referral and quick surgery, and has survived the cancer. If my father had endured the ‘normal’ channels, it is questionable that he would be alive.

The more people you have in your network the more successful you will be in whatever you choose to do.

The more people you have in your network the more successful you will be in whatever you choose to do.

George Torok
Your Guide to Networking Success

No comments: