Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Rimrrock Resort - Where is my room?


Hello Rimrock Resort Banff - Where is my room?

Room 940?

I recently stayed at the Rimrock Resort in Banff, Alberta while speaking at a conference for the IT industry.
The view from anywhere in Banff is breath taking. The Rimrock Hotel is perched on the side of a mountain. The view is spectacular from anywhere inside and outside the hotel. Although it is in Banff - it appears to be an oasis in the middle of the Rocky mountains. The Rimrock Resort is a first class hotel. However, even they missed some important details with this sign.
My room number was 940. According to this sign near the elevators room 940 doesn't exist at the Rimrock Resort. Considering the view, you would understand if I felt like I might have been in the movie The Shinning. I glanced quickly back at the bank of elevators and did not see any blood ozzing through the elevator doors. So I picked left and walked a few steps down the hall to discover my room - 940. It was there - just not on the sign.
And yes there was a room 939 - but not listed on the sign. Why?
Also room 900 - which was the hospitality suite is absent from the sign. I found that room by following the noise. No thanks to the Rimrock Resort. I didn't go looking for room 901.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: