Tuesday, April 24, 2012

McMaster University Alumni Luncheon

McMaster University luncheon networking meeting
I attended the luncheon for McMaster University Alumni.

It's a good way to network and have some stimulating conversation. The first is about making and building business contacts. The second is about staying sharp because that will help you build your business contacts.

I graduated from McMaster University in 1979 with my degree in Economics. I sat at a table with graduates from 1962. As you can imagine, they were now retired. We were decades apart. Several had been teachers so we were able to connect on the topic of public speaking and motivation.

The year of 62 grads were planning their 50th year reunion. They were engaged and motivated. That impressed me. They must be 70 plus in age.

I connected with several other people I knew. People need to see you again to remember you.

I also made a first face meeting with one person that I had only connected with online.

An Alumni event is an easy way to connect and reconnect with people. The environment is non-threatening.

It was a stimulating event. If you haven't been to a college, university or high school alumni event in a long while then just do it.

It's amazing that even though we attended the same school, in different decades, we can still find a bond.


George Torok Keynote Marketing Speaker Co-author of Secrets of Power Marketing
Get your free copy of "50 Power Marketing Ideas" Power Marketing on FaceBook Marketing Zoo on Twitter
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: